Human communication is inherently interdisciplinary. USAO’s communication program teaches students how to help people better understand each other—whether one-on-one, in small groups, in a public forum or to millions through mass media.
Communication majors study how, why and to what end humans communicate and learn the technical and practical ways to create effective messages in oral, written and visual forms.
365体育投注平台Based on journalistic principles, core courses in news reporting, public relations, public speaking, small-group dynamics, mass media, graphic design and photography prepare students for a wide range of careers or for graduate study. The department also offers special topics courses and workshops on broadcast production, television programming, humor and more.
Why Major in Communication at USAO?
- Learn how to craft effective messages at every level of communication.
- Get a thorough grounding in every form of media, from newspapers to podcasting.
- Gain real-world experience through internships and externships.
- Compete with other student journalists in statewide competitions.
- Study current trends in mass communication and why they are effective.
- Interdisciplinary core courses provide students with the skills needed for the job market.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Learn from a diverse group of instructors.
- Television Anchor
- Sports Reporter
- Graphic Designer
- Public Relations Officer
- Grant Writer