Students in our early childhood education program work towards obtaining an Oklahoma teaching certificate, which qualifies them to teach pre-kindergarten through third grade.
365体育投注平台Students have opportunities to observe and participate in child development and guidance, curriculum and program planning, and different methods of teaching.
The program’s broad curriculum enables the teacher candidate to develop the range of knowledge and skills necessary for an effective educator, as well as providing a real-world laboratory for teaching and learning in USAO’s acclaimed Child Development Center.
All requirements for teacher certification programs are subject to change if new requirements are established by the , the or the 365体育投注平台.
Why Major in Early Childhood Education at USAO?
- High-demand field.
- Learn from diverse and dynamic instructors who inspire you to succeed.
- Broadly based interdisciplinary curriculum prepares effective educators.
- Get real-world education experience through student-teaching courses.
- Work in USAO’s acclaimed Child Development Center.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Elementary School Teacher
- Child Care Worker
- School Administrator
- Private Tutor